Julian Mark Hoseason
Julian Hoseason is our programme leader for Management and Leadership. Some of the courses Julian teaches include Ethical Strategic Leadership, Operations Management, Strategic Management and Leadership, and Strategic Technology Management.
Julian has carried out research in areas such as revenue management and environmental management, and uses his strong academic management experience to provide consultancy services in curriculum design and innovation.
Prior to joining InterActive, Julian served as the Dean of the Glion Institute of Higher Education in Switzerland. He also spent two decades at the City College of Norwich and European University Business School, where he supervised undergraduate and MBA dissertations. He has more than 35 years of experience as a leading professional in the travel and tourism industry.
Julian holds an MPhil from Oxford Brooks University in the UK.LinkedIn >
Read more tutor profiles >
- ‘Capacity Matters: Yield Management in the Cruise Industry,’ (2000), new re-written chapter in Ingold, T, Yeoman and McMahon- Beattie, U (Eds) “Yield Management: Strategies for the Service Industry,” Cassell, UK 2nd Edition
- ‘Revenue Management Visitor Attractions: A case study of the EcoTech Centre,’ (2000), UK paper presented to the 5th International Conference in Yield Management held at the University of Perugia, Assisi.
- ‘Case study in Revenue Management: Ecotech Centre,’ (2004), new re-written chapter in Yeoman, and McMahon – Beattie, U (Eds) “Revenue management and pricing: case studies and applications,” Thomson Press, UK
- ‘Revenue Management in Visitor Attractions: A case study of the EcoTech Centre, UK” in Sfodera, F (Ed) “ The Spread of Yield Management Practices: The need for approaches,” (2006), Physica-Verlag, Rome
- The Consumer Behaviour in Tourism Symposium – research presentation: ‘A great day out: the re-evaluation of the doughnut effect on day trip behaviour,’ (2014)
- ‘A great day out: the re-evaluation of the doughnut effect on day trip behaviour,’ (2015) e-Review of Tourism Research (eRTR) TBP in June-July 2015