Job Title: Marketing Intern
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact: Matt Bangsund
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive marketing intern to work alongside and support our growing team of marketing superheroes. You will need to be the person that always volunteers to take on tasks, and try to become the “Go-To” person for all marketing projects.
The role will be extremely varied and might include things like market research, social media posts, research for new social media channels to advertise, monitor new trends and competition. You will be responsible for maintaining the product information hub for all of our programmes with the help of the rest of the marketing team. You are expected to provide out-of-the-box ideas that could make us millionaires. If someone asks, “How much for the Global MBA or how many steps are in the building?” you will be able to find out quickly.
You will be eager to learn all things about digital marketing, and ready to help anywhere you are needed.
That’s the bit about you, now a little something about us:
InterActive is an online education company. We help international business schools and universities take their courses online, and we’re dedicated to creating a global learning community without economic, political, or cultural borders. We’re a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with room to grow, and we’re committed to providing a fun yet professional and productive working environment for our team.
We’ve put together a team from all over the world who work together with a single vision - that greatness comes from giving people the freedom to work hard and have fun.
A typical day in the life of a Marketing Intern:
- Spend half a day on Facebook, twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn and give us new ideas about how we can promote our programmes. Spend the other half starting an Instagram account for us and contacting students from around the world to submit cool photos
- Review all of the marketing emails that we have sent out over the past six months, and identify the best performing templates for the Product Managers.
- Coordinate a survey of all of our alumni alongside our PR & Communications team, creating emails inviting students to participate and thinking of creative ways to engage with them.
- Explain Periscope to the Brand Manager.
- Create a company-wide email update on all of the marketing activities planned for the upcoming week, and liaising with all of the Product Managers to include the most important items.
- Organise a meeting with the Social Media team to discuss the posts for the next month, and forward over your selection of images that you think will get people to engage with our Instagram ads.
- Update the weekly marketing activities report, and confidently ask the Law Product Manager why the email he sent out last week wasn’t sent to you for filing – you are in charge!
You’ll best fit our requirements with:
- Previous digital marketing experience or a relevant qualification.
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables will be your best friend).
- Excellent organisational and communication skills – be confident and motivated!
- Excellent attention to detail and a tendency to use movie quotes in your cover letters.
- The ability to apply creativity and logic to all situations – be a problem solver.
- Fluency in English.
This is what you'll get from us:
- The opportunity to join a fun, growing company that is emerging as a leader in the Edtech space.
- Continuous training from experienced professionals who are invested in your development
- Huge opportunity for progression within the marketing team
- A management team that rewards results, and understands that success is a continual learning process.
- An extensive employee support system.
- There is a fancy coffee machine in the kitchen – don’t break it.
In short, the right people go a long way with us.
InterActive is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as required.
Please note: only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted