Designer (UX, UI, Graphic)
Job Title: Senior Digital Graphic Designer
Department: Marketing (Design Team)
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact: Matt Bangsund
What we're looking for:
Do you live and breathe design, typography, colour, and composition? Can you work closely with product managers, copywriters, and web developers to transform concepts and ideas into beautifully realised visuals? If we gave you a creative brief that said ‘ 90s retro chic with a touch of Milton Glaser ’ – could you nail it? Do you just love design-y stuff? As much as we do? (We really love it).
Right now we’re looking for an experienced senior designer to join the graphic design team as part of our marketing department. But don’t worry – we’ll take care of the marketing stuff, we just need you to support our message with eye-wateringly beautiful visuals.
That’s the bit about you, now a little something about us:
InterActive is an online education company. We help international business schools and universities take their courses online (interactivepro.org.uk), and we’re dedicated to creating a global learning community without economic, political, or cultural borders (studyinteractive.org). We’re a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with room to grow, and we’re committed to providing a fun yet professional and productive working environment for our team.
We’ve put together a team from all over the world who work together with a single vision - that greatness comes from giving people the freedom to work hard and have fun.
A typical day in the life of a Senior Digital Designer:
- Attend a new product briefing, we’re going to run 4 new criminology master’s programmes online – we’ll need to launch a killer advertising campaign.
- Present a proposal for a new microsite template to the Brand Manager, bask in praise after he gives it his glowing approval.
- Go for a creative team lunch and discuss the greatest ad campaigns of all time, or get dragged into a conversation with the Brand Manager about whether Julian Casablancas is still relevant (he’s obsessed with The Strokes, try and avoid eye contact).
- Join a creative concept meeting with copywriting, the Fashion Product Marketing Manager and our partner London College of Contemporary Arts to discuss how we can best join forces to promote our new fashion degree programmes.
And of course, you’re good to go with all the tech stuff, including
- A proven track record in a similar design role
- An outstanding digital portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe CS6 (Photoshop and InDesign) and a good working knowledge of Ul and UX design principles and capabilities
- A working understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- The professionalism required to manage, mentor, and delegate work effectively to a team, ensuring that projects are completed on time and in line with the original brief
- Excellent attention to detail and tendency to use movie quotes in your cover letters
- Fluency in English
This is what you'll get from us:
- The opportunity to join a fun, growing company that is emerging as a leader in the Edtech space
- A management team that rewards results, but doesn’t bite about failures either
- An extensive employee support system
- A competitive salary
In short, the right people go a long way with us.
InterActive is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as required.
Please note: only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.