What is AAT online?
AAT Online is designed for busy people like you who are looking to build an exciting career in accounting. The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is the UK’s leading professional body for skills-based accountancy and finance, with approximately 125,000 members in over 90 countries. AAT is also preferred by 50% of entry-level accountancy recruiters.*
InterActive is a registered training provider for AAT, which means that with us you can earn your AAT qualification flexibly and affordably, 100% online.
*Findings are based on an industry report conducted by London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) and GAAPweb.
Is AAT for me?
Studying AAT courses online is an ideal choice for many profiles, including those who are:
- Looking for fast employment after graduation
- Already working in accountancy but need a qualification
- Recent graduates with little or no work experience
- Career changers looking to work in accounting or finance
- Employees looking to pursue a side career in accounting
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements to begin studying. This means AAT is an ideal choice for school leavers, or those who are looking for a career change – as no relevant work experience is required. And, if you do have previous qualifications or work experience, you may be eligible for exemptions, which means you’ll be one step closer to becoming a full member of AAT, where you can enjoy the benefits of full MAAT status.
What are the benefits of studying AAT online with InterActive?
Choosing to study AAT courses online gives you:
- Complete flexibility – advance through the levels at your own pace
- Access to professionally produced HD video lectures and Q&A sessions
- Exam booking service, one year’s student membership with AAT
- Increased employability – top up your CV with an in-demand qualification
- Academic recognition – earn UCAS entry points from participating UK universities
- Fast-track route to chartered accountancy – approved exemptions allow you to skip certain modules*
- Real-life skills and confidence to start your own business in accountancy or consultancy
*Exemptions from the UK’s chartered and certified accounting bodies are granted independently by AAT
How long will it take to complete?
Each level will take you between six and twelve months to complete. If you are starting at Level 2, you can expect to complete your AAT qualification in about 3 years, depending on your method of study.
What are my study options?
With InterActive, you may choose to book an AAT Online or AAT Blended Learning package.
When you enrol on AAT Online, all of your studies, mock assessments, Q&A sessions, and tutor feedback is conducted 100% online.
Enrolling on our AAT Blended Learning package means you will receive both online and face-to-face tuition. Students attend classes on-campus in London either weekly or bi-weekly to supplement their independent study.
AAT certification is categorised into different levels, each of which are qualifications in their own right. InterActive gives you the opportunity to study AAT courses online towards level 2, 3, or 4, depending on your previous experience and professional ambitions.
You can test your skill-set with a series of multiple-choice questions in this 30 minute online AAT skills checker which allows you to immediately access your results and see your recommended level.
This qualification will enable you to perform entry level accounting roles by providing you with a sound understanding of financial administration through which you gain a working knowledge of fundamental techniques such as double entry bookkeeping and basic costing principles.
The Level 2 syllabus covers:
- Control Accounts, Journals and the Banking System
- Processing Bookkeeping Transactions
- Basic Costing
- Computerised Accounting
- Working Effectively in Accounting and Finance
Entry Requirements – None, but students should have a good command of English and Mathematics.
Level 3 will help you master more complex financial processes, such as final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, costs and revenues, and professional ethics, which is perfect preparation for those interested in a bookkeeping role, or a qualified accountancy position.
The Level 3 syllabus covers:
- Professional Ethics
- Preparing Accounts for Sole Trader and Partnerships
- Accounts Preparation
- Costs and Revenues
- Indirect Tax
- Spreadsheet Software
In order to progress to Level 3 Accounting, students need to have one of the following:
- A-level in Accounting
- AAT certificate in accounting level 2
- 2-3 years of previous accounting experience
This advanced AAT qualification deals with complex functions such as preparing statements for limited companies as well as management accountancy tasks which allows you to really hone your skills via optional specialist units including business tax, external auditing, and credit control. This level of certification will allow you to take up leadership roles within finance teams, or set up your own practice.
The Level 4 syllabus covers:
- Financial Statements
- Financial Performance
- Internal Control and Accounting Systems
- Cash Management
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- External Auditing
- Credit Control
Level 4 is suitable for people:
- Who want to become a full AAT member or study for chartered status
- Who are already working in an accounts role and looking to develop their skills
- Who have previously completed Level 3
To find out more about studying AAT Online with InterActive, please call one of our educational consultants directly on +44 (0) 20 3535 1274. Alternatively, please email us at email@example.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.