Contemporary Issues in Oil, Gas, and Energy
Start date: You can enrol at any time throughout the year, and begin studying immediately
Duration: 12-15 weeks
Awarding body: London School of Business and Finance
Issues concerning the discovery, exploitation, and management of fossil fuels and other lucrative energy resources are at the forefront of the modern commercial, technological, and political landscape. This advanced certificate programme will provide you with a solid grounding in the areas of marketing, tax, law, policy, regulation, and contractual procedures, allowing you to operate within the oil, gas, and energy sectors with confidence. Gain the knowledge sought by leading employers within this truly international and dynamic industry.
This advanced certificate is designed to equip you with an intimate knowledge of the international issues affecting the energy industry, as well as teaching you the sector specific skills needed to master the strategies and systems that lie at the heart of this global field of business. In order to do so, you will focus on:
- The objectives and functions of commercial relationships in the upstream oil and gas supply chain.
- The significance of marketing and marketing issues to upstream oil and gas organisations.
- The broad principles and practical implementation of petroleum taxation regimes in various regions of the world.
- Energy sector strategic responses to key global challenges and issues, and governmental initiatives
- The main contractual clauses in the main contracts in the oil and gas industry and the effect of these clauses on the contractual parties.
You will be formally assessed once during the programme, which will consist of a written report of up to 3,500 words. Completing this assignment to a satisfactory standard is a mandatory requirement.