MBA by University Canada West (UCW)
- January, April, July & September
- 24 months (minimum)
- Scholarships available
If you want to gain North American MBA credentials with all the benefits of flexible online study, then the online MBA from University Canada West (UCW) offers you an attainable pathway. This Canadian master’s programme has been created by dedicated business professionals, who will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to progress your global business career.
With a syllabus focused on enhancing your competencies across areas such as leadership, critical thinking, project planning, and a host of further advanced business disciplines, this online MBA has been designed to push the limits of modern business management practice.
If you would like to pursue the University Canada West MBA but do not have the required GMAT/GRE score or work experience, successfully completing the MBA Foundation programme will allow you to qualify for admission.
The MBA Foundation provides courses in:
- Business and Academic Writing
- Quantitative Reasoning and Analysis
- Business Fundamentals
- Economics from a Business Perspective
Why study the UCW MBA programme online?
- Professional progression
- Enjoy the flexibility to work as you study
- Achieve credibility in your industry
- Access to a global community of students
- New skills and renewed personal development
- Gain a postgraduate degree from University Canada West via InterActive
Throughout your University Canada West (UCW) MBA studies you will have full access to a range of high quality elearning resources.
Each programme module is led by a UCW academic, whose role is to encourage discussion and debate, to facilitate active student participation, and to provide guidance and feedback. You will have the opportunity to contact your teacher directly via email, telephone, and skype, as well as sharing new concepts with your fellow students via online discussion forums and webinars.
Syllabus content is delivered to you via:
- Dynamic video content
- Case studies drawn from international business
- Clear and informative study materials
- Online discussion forums and live webinars
- 1-2-1 contact with your teacher via email and skype
- Supportive faculty
- Career services
The Online UCW MBA programme consists of 16 courses in total. The preparatory and foundation courses do not count towards the final award, but are pre-requisites for students who do not meet the academic entry criteria but wish to enrol on the full MBA programme.
Tier 1: 4 courses + non-credit assessment. Tier 2: 5 courses. Tier 3: 3 courses and choice of 1 out of 2 electives. Tier 4: 2 courses + choice of either final research project or strategic management course. Students can study two courses at a time.
ENGL 099 (0) – English Preparation for University Studies
SOAR 098 (0) – Student Orientation and Academic Readiness
MBA Foundation Courses
- MBAF 501 – Business & Academic Writing
- MBAF 502 – Quantitative Reasoning and Analysis
- MBAF 503 – Business Fundamentals
- MBAF 504 – Economics from a Business Perspective
Tier 1: Analytical Foundations
Four courses and a non-credit assessment:
- BUSI 601 - Business Environment, Ethics & Strategy
- MGMT 601 - Leadership in the Global Context
- ORGB 601 - Human Interfaces
- RSCH 600 - Research Methodology & Inquiry
- MBAP 619 - Tier One Competency Assessment (this is a test, not a course)
Tier 2: Management Principles and Practices
- ACCT 621 - Managerial Accounting
- FNCE 623 - Financial Management
- HRMT 621 - Human Resource Management in the Global Environment
- MRKT 621 - Marketing Management
- OPMT 620 - Operations Management
Tier 3: Business Applications
Three courses and choice of one electives:
- BUSI 640 - Consulting Practice
- MGMT 640 - Project Management
- MGMT 643 - Change Management
Tier 4: Integration and Implementation
- MGMT 660 - Leadership and Decision Making
- MBAR 660 - Research in Preparation for MBAR 661
- MBAR 661 - Consulting/Research Project
To study the UCW online MBA programme you must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.33 scale (or equivalent) or better.
Students must have at least one of the following:
- Acceptable score on a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) that has been written in the last five years.
- An appropriate Canadian professional designation or equivalent international designation (e.g. CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CHRP or P.Eng).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BBA) or Commerce (BComm) or equivalent.
A minimum of two (2) years documented professional or management experience.
Applicants who do not hold all of the above academic and professional requirements may also qualify for entry to the MBA Program after completing the MBA Foundation program.
English language requirements:
- IELTS - 6.5 or better with a minimum of 6.0 in the writing band, or equivalent.