BA (Hons) Business Management (Finance)
- January & September
- 3 years
- From £6,165 per year
- For more information about our instalment plans or funding options, please fill in the enquiry form on the right.
The BA (Hons) Business Management (Finance) from De Broc School of Business, part of The University of Law, develops the essential skills needed to pursue a career in business, finance, banking, personal finance or accounting. The programme explores the fundamentals of business, accounting and finance as well as concentrating on more specialised elements such as investment decisions under uncertainty and risk, and the functions of financial markets. This online degree programme has a strong emphasis on employability, delivering the knowledge and skills necessary in the contemporary business world.
The Finance pathway offers an excellent grounding in accountancy and finance, providing students with the intellectual underpinnings required for a career in a rapidly changing work environment and a solid foundation for further study in accounting or quantitative investment. Upon graduation, students will be eligible to receive a diploma from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) in Management and Leadership.
Studying online with De Broc and InterActive gives you the freedom to access your online learning materials from any location worldwide, including dynamic video content, unique resources from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), academic journals, and interactive discussion forums that support the sharing of multimedia content.
On the course you will study for three years, with three terms per year. The programme content will be dispersed through online videos and supported materials, including workshops.
Your tutor will lead discussions for each module and provide you with personalised support throughout the duration of your studies. You will have access to a suite of learning materials from the Chartered Management Institute.
You’ll benefit from:
- Module content delivered through video lectures
- Flashcards to help you review each module
- Dedicated support with feedback on each assignment
- Interactive discussion forums with the opportunity to upload multimedia content
BBC at A Level and Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English language, or equivalent qualifications International students must also have an English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- Essentials of Management (20 credits)
- Academic and Professional Skills (20 credits)
- Principles of Marketing (20 credits)
- Accounting and Finance (20 credits)
- International Business Environment (20 credits)
- Managing and Leading People (20 credits)
Four compulsory modules:
- Leading Change (20 credits)
- Corporate Responsibility (20 credits)
- Economics Economy and Trade (20 credits)
- Personal and Professional Development (20 credits)
Two compulsory pathway modules:
- Financial Management (20 credits)
- Personal Finance (20 credits)
Four compulsory modules:
- Sector Specific Project or Dissertation (40 credits)
- Global Leadership (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Creativity Innovation and Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
One compulsory pathway module:
- Financial Risk Management (20 credits)