BA (Hons) Business Management (Human Resource Management)
- January & September
- 3 years
- From £6,165 per year
- For more information about our instalment plans or funding options, please fill in the enquiry form on the right.
The BA (Hons) Business Management (Human Resource Management) from De Broc School of Business, part of The University of Law, provides the foundations of business alongside the fundamentals of human resource management, and is ideal for those looking to pursue a career in the field of human resource management. The programme offers a detailed examination of specialist concepts and applications of human resource and business management. In addition to the knowledge acquired during the degree, students will benefit from dynamic course content using current topics, and graduate with the decision making and analytical skills demanded for today’s business environment.
The Human Resource Management pathway develops detailed knowledge of business concepts, and analyses the relational nature of HRM, the importance of strategic human resource planning and the essential techniques that are used in the management of people at work. Upon graduation, students will have an opportunity to qualify for a Level 5 diploma from the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Diploma in Management and Leadership, which means you could graduate with internationally recognised diploma in addition to your bachelor’s degree, making you stand out to potential employers.
With De Broc and InterActive, you will experience a world class online learning experience through innovative learning materials and the opportunity to collaborate with your tutors and peers in a variety of multimedia formats. We are committed to ensuring that your online educational journey is as engaging and informative as possible.
This undergraduate programme is delivered to you over three years, with two semesters each year.
Students will have access to a personal tutor on the course as they progress through each module. You will also benefit from 24/7 access to all learning materials.
As an online student, you’ll benefit from:
- Video lectures to guide you through each module
- Dynamic PDF flashcards to review the key points of each topic
- Ongoing support from your tutors with continuous feedback
- Online video discussions where you can share and exchange ideas
BBC at A Level and Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English language, or equivalent qualifications International students must also have an English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
- Essentials of Management (20 credits)
- Academic and Professional Skills (20 credits)
- Principles of Marketing (20 credits)
- Accounting and Finance (20 credits)
- International Business Environment (20 credits)
- Managing and Leading People (20 credits)
Four compulsory modules:
- Leading Change (20 credits)
- Corporate Responsibility (20 credits)
- Economics Economy and Trade (20 credits)
- Personal and Professional Development (20 credits)
Two compulsory pathway modules:
- Contemporary Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Management
Four compulsory modules:
- Sector Specific Project or Dissertation (40 credits)
- Global Leadership (20 credits)
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Creativity Innovation and Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
One compulsory pathway module:
- Strategic Human Resource Management