Graduates of the Global MBA will possess career-ready skills in:
- Developing and executing international marketing strategies
- Maximising corporate value, while minimising corporate risk
- Understanding how organisations achieve competitive advantage
- Creating new, and improving existing corporate management strategies
- Leadership at senior-level management positions
Who is the MBA for?
MBA qualifications are typically the degree of choice for working professionals who want to enhance their business acumen and climb the corporate ladders of business management, or perhaps even launch their own company. The flexibility offered by online MBA programmes mean that students don’t have to take time out from their careers, and are able to build their studies around their pre-existing professional commitments. In fact, modern distance learning MBA courses such as the Global MBA represent a unique learning experience that can often be customised according personal preferences, specifications, or ambitions, and are ideal for self-starting, highly motivated learners who are comfortable with independent study.
So, if you're looking to gain up-to-date leadership and management skills in to take your career to the next level, this online master’s option is the ideal next step. Take a look at the Global MBA programme's 16 available specialisations below.
Key benefits of the MBA
- Study without compromising your personal and professional obligations.
- Access online video lectures, revision apps, and regular tutor feedback.
- Collaborative learning with like-minded MBA students from across the globe.
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your MBA curriculum to meet your career objectives.
- Build a professional development plan to monitor your leadership progress.
- Gain industry insight online from professors with decades of industry experience.
- 100% online admissions, enrolment, assignment submission, and assessment.
- Acquire up-to-date knowledge and skills that you can put to use right away.
You will study your programme with the online learning organisation InterActive, a leader in the provision of e-learning. Your programme modules and learning content are delivered via InterActive’s Canvas study platform, and feature the following resources:
- Professionally produced video lectures created by leading business practitioners
- A designated tutor who will provide support and feedback throughout your programme
- Case studies and discussion questions to enhance your understanding of theory in context
- Downloadable e-books and free library resources to aid your assignment writing and research
- Access to online forums where you can share and discuss new concepts with fellow students and professionals from around the world
- UK undergraduate degree or equivalent - any subject area
- English levels 5.5 IELTS (5.5 in all bands) or equivalent*
- Relevant work experience is an asset, but no work experience is required
Students who fail to meet academic requirements can be assessed on their relevant work experience (minimum 3 years' management experience for mature study route)
The Global MBA syllabus reflects the international marketplace by combining the latest in management theory with the practical skills that modern employers need. It is a comprehensive programme that examines key fundamentals such as finance, strategic management, operations management, and marketing. You can either enrol on the standard programme with a fixed syllabus of six modules, or select one of 16 specialisations featuring two elective modules to tailor your degree to fit your career goals.
The latter part of the programme involves a research project – including writing your MBA dissertation. Each programme module is worth 15 ECTS credits. The final dissertation project is valued at 30 ECTS credits. Follow this link see the full programme syllabus.
Information based on the class of 2015-2016
What difference will a Master of Business Administration qualification make to your career?
Distance learning MBA degrees give you access to a flexible learning experience, often featuring a choice of industry specialisations to match your individual preferences and career aims. These types of courses can be a great choice for independent learners who prefer self-directed study in which they set their own pace for completing the course; whether that be a fast-track 1-year option or a longer period of up to 3 years, for example.
Accredited online master’s degree courses allow students to use an array of study resources, usually hosted on an online platform often referred to as a learning management system, or LMS. The study platform lets you watch pre-recorded or live streaming video lectures, take part in virtual classroom discussions via online chat rooms, and even turn in an assignment instantly with the click of a mouse. Online programmes deliver the same educational content and require the same amount of effort and input from students as their on-campus variant. In fact, global recruiters now view candidates who have gained their MBA online while working as being self-motivated, career-driven, and committed to professional progression.
In short, technology now makes it possible to study flexibly from almost any global location, making the online MBA a smart move if you want to advance professionally and develop as a business leader – without putting your current career on hold.
Innovation for the sake of existence
Four golden rules for MBA career planning
The rise of the female entrepreneur
Contact us today