Job Title: Front End Developer
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact: Matt Bangsund
InterActive is an online education company that helps international business schools and universities move their courses online (interactivepro.org.uk). We are part of Global University Systems (GUS), with over 20 institutions and academic partners and over 40,000 students worldwide.
We’re a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with an ambition to excel and room to grow. We’ve put together a diverse team from all over the world, who work together with a single vision - building a successful global learning community with no boundaries.
What we need:
We understand that best user experience begins with a well-designed and attractive digital environment, and we need someone to provide the key visual elements that our audience will see and interact with. We’re looking for an experienced Web Developer who can make this digital magic happen; someone that is proficient in top CMS platforms, including Umbraco, and has a flair for creativity as well as systematic and analytical thinking skills. Are you the missing piece of our puzzle?
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2+ years of experience in Web Development
- Experience building responsive websites and email templates
- Excellent understanding of Umbraco and similar CMS systems
- Strong design sensibility
- An ability to multi-task, prioritise and take initiative
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to function in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A track record of meeting deadlines, planning for contingencies and appropriately resolving issues
Job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with our Senior Designer and UX & Conversion Manager to create killer responsive pages and emails
- Working within the wider GUS dev team
- Suggesting new features to improve the user experience
- Providing accurate estimates on work
- Keeping up with the latest coding trends and best practices to produce clean, light and well-documented code
Why it's great to join InterActive
We’ve put together a diverse international team of professionals, and believe that greatness comes from giving people the freedom to work hard and have fun. As well as a competitive salary, you will receive excellent training from experienced professionals who are invested in your development. You will gain exposure to Azure, angular.js, Dynamics CRM, advanced SQL and NoSQL, amongst other technical efforts that we champion. Our senior management team understands that success is a continual learning process and we will provide ongoing support throughout your career with us.
InterActive is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time.
Please note: only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.